Monday, February 8, 2021

comptia a+ salary canada

 comptia a+ salary canada

Is CompTIA A+ the standard entry level IT cert in Canada, or is there another one that I’m unaware of? I only ask this because they list the price of the exams for quite a few different countries, but don’t include Canada.

Also, they state that the exams generally retire after 3 years or so, and the current ones came out in 2015. Would my certification be useless, less useful, or just as useful if I were to obtain it now, rather than after the new exams are released?

The prices are in USD, which then convert to CAD when you purchase them. CompTIA certifications are recognized in Canada. I live in Canada (Ontario) and have a few myself. I buy the vouchers from the CompTIA marketplace, get a voucher emailed, then book the exam through PearsonVUE. My Network+ certification helped me open new opportunities job wise as did the A+ a few years ago.

It doesn't matter when the exam retires, once you obtain the certification despite the exam code you are still certified from your exam pass date for three years. If there are two exam codes overlapping it is sometimes better to study for the older one as there will be a lot more resources but that is entirely up to you.

Great advice about studying for the older version. Be careful of the approaching deadline, especially if the exams are in two parts like A+ or Linux+. However, CompTIA may have phased out irrelevant material or cumbersome questions on the newer exam. However, as button_R said, there will be more resources to study from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

juniper networks careers freshers

 juniper networks careers freshers Network Engineering Description A network engineer is a technology professional who is highly skilled in ...